What Do We Believe?
THESE ARE BASIC BELIEFS WE HOLD AND ARE NOT EXHAUSTIVE BY ANY MEANS.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6).
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God as recorded in the original manuscripts (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4, 14; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15).
- All sin, regardless of what it is, separates us from God. All people apart from Jesus Christ face the judgment of God. Jesus is the only way of salvation through repentance of sin and faith in Him, leading to baptism for the forgiveness of sin, resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:15-16; Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 2:36-39 and 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7-8 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7).
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life (John 3:5-8; Acts 2:38; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:10-18; Colossians 2:6-10).
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto eternal life, the lost unto eternal punishment (Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15).
- In the spiritual unity of baptized believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, who are members of His body, the church (1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23 and 4:1-4).
- In dedicating ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism and discipleship (Matthew 5:16, 9:35-38, 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Philippians 2:14-16; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15).
- God’s ideal for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage between a male and female, and that God instituted this as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society (Genesis 1:26-27 and 2:18-25; Matthew 15:18-20 and 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- Human life is sacred from conception to its natural end, and so we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of all humanity (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10).